News & Announcements
Clerc Center continues to monitor the worldwide COVID-19 (2019 novel coronavirus) outbreak. This website contain essential information for all campus audiences.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
This email account is monitored by members of the COVID-19 response team.
COVID-19 Call Center
KDES and MSSD Learning Resources
MSSD and KDES teachers have worked hard to create a collection of resources in order to provide learning opportunities that you and your children can explore at home. Some are games and fun for the whole family; others are deeper learning experiences that students can navigate on their own. We will continue to expand our library on the learning portal and will adapt and modify our offerings over time. Enjoy these educational activities–from our screens to yours!
Kendall Demonstration Elementary School
Model Secondary School for the Deaf
Seeking Medical Care
Staff and faculty who feel ill should see their health care provider. It is important to contact your health care provider before going in, for your own protection, the protection of other patients, and the protection of your health care providers.
Students who have paid the health center fee and who feel ill may visit the Student Health Service. DO NOT WALK IN; it is imperative that you call the Student Health Service at 202-651-5090 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further direction. This is for your own protection, the protection of other patients, and the protection of SHS staff.
Safety & Prevention Tips
- Clean: Wash and sanitize your hands often.
- Cover: Cough and sneeze into your elbow.
- Contain: Stay home if you are sick.
You will be tested only if you meet the current CDC criteria. The criteria include recent travel to mainland China within 14 days, contact with a known case, a fever, or symptoms of respiratory illness. Consult your health care provider for further details.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus Disease 2019
- American College Health Association: Outbreak of COVID-19
- IES Abroad: Coronavirus Updates
- NAFSA: Coronavirus Critical Resources
- Society for Human Resource Management: Communicable Diseases
- World Health Organization: Daily Coronavirus Situation Reports
- Partners in Deaf Health (Deaf Health Talk: COVID-19)
- The Daily Moth (interview with Gallaudet alumnus Lorne Farovitch, a doctoral student at the University of Rochester)
- Health Signs Center (two videos by Gallaudet alumna TraciAnn Hoglind, an employee of the Maryland Governor’s Office for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing who has a master’s degree in public health)
- NAD (The National Association of the Deaf created resources in ASL and English for resources on communication access)