Clerc Center Teachers and Staff,
- Considerations and legal requirements for special education students (students with IEPs).
- Guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and World Health Organization
- Non-Instructional days already in our calendar (e.g. spring break, professional development days etc)
- Quickly changing availability of flights and other modes of transportation for students in the event we need to close.
- The challenge of balancing the impact of a closure on families, teaching and learning, with the health and safety of our community.
- Employees with Health Concerns: The University is establishing a process for employees with health concerns (those considered vulnerable according to the CDC guidance) to be approved for telework. The Clerc Center will follow this process as well. Please watch for communication from Gallaudet Human Resources about this.
- Visitors/Tours: Effective immediately, we will not be providing tours or opening the schools to visitors. Parents, of course, continue to be welcome in our schools. We will remind parents to please stay home if ill and be mindful about recent travel, especially to Level 3 countries.
- Field Trips: Effective immediately, all field trips will be cancelled. Teachers should prepare on campus lessons for students until further notice.
- Meetings/Events: We will be following the University’s guidance and not hosting meetings or events with more than 25 people.